Inc 5000 ListPress Release by SAS
Space Ref (Aug 29, 2016) - Special Aerospace Services LLC (SAS), an 8(a) certified woman-owned small business specializing in tactical engineering and precision manufacturing, has been included on the 2016 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in America.
With a three-year revenue growth of 221%, SAS ranks #1,685 on the overall Inc. 5000 list, which is compiled annually by Inc. magazine. Among engineering companies nationwide, SAS ranks #18, while its impressive revenue numbers place it #44 on the list of Colorado companies and #4 in the Boulder area. READ ARTICLE
Business ExpansionArticle by Travis Leder, TechAlabama
TechAlabama (Aug 15, 2016) - Special Aerospace Services is establishing a permanent Huntsville presence in hopes of doing more business with NASA, the U.S. Army and area employers.
Many of the Boulder, Colorado company's current clients are located near its Old Madison Pike office near Cummings Research Park and Redstone Arsenal. CEO Heather Bulk says its longtime relationship with existing Huntsville employers makes the Rocket City an ideal location for the company. READ ARTICLE
Special Aerospace ServicesImage Courtesy of Jonathan Castner Photography & Motion
CompanyWeek (Aug 15, 2016) - Heather Bulk, CEO of Special Aerospace Services (SAS), readily admits that Colorado is not on the top of most minds when the aerospace industry is mentioned around the globe. But Boulder and Colorado are vital cogs in the wheel of space. READ ARTICLE
Re - Inventing ManufacturingCourtesy of MilsatMagazine
MilsatMagazine (July 20, 2016) - Privately funded ventures have disrupted the way aerospace companies do business. Whether the customer is in the government or commercial sector, the competition is fierce.
Providers of spacecraft and launch vehicles must now focus on rapid development, going from concept to final product in a fraction of the time once required. This has put pressure on the entire aerospace supply chain.
Special Aerospace Services (SAS) has experienced these paradigm shifts first hand with numerous tactical engineering projects. Client frustrations were observed when manufacturers couldn’t keep up with the need to develop new parts and components with the speed and efficiency dictated by changing economics. READ ARTICLE
Small Business Recognition AwardCourtnesy of United Launch Alliance
Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla., (May 16, 2016) - United Launch Alliance recently honored Special Aerospace Services of Boulder, Colorado, with a 2015 Small Business Recognition award for the Interim Cryogenic Propulsion Stage program. SAS provided extensive systems engineering support including managing the ICPS requirements baseline and change requests, the development of NASA standard tailoring, ICPS emulator development including requirements development and verification planning. ULA is working collaboratively with The Boeing Company to develop the ICPS for the first flight of the Space Launch System in 2018. READ ARTICLE
Forbes/Business: Colorado VoicePosted and courtesy of ForbeBrandVoice, by Lisa Wirthman
(Forbes - May 13, 2016) -NASA spacecraft New Horizons, which blew minds last year with close-up images of Pluto, is now more than 3.2 billion miles away from home - which some might place more precisely in Colorado.READ ARTICLE
Engineering Service SupportPosted and courtesy of Sierra Nevada Corp.
SPARKS, Nev (SNC - April 18, 2016) -Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) congratulates NASA and Bigelow Aerospace on successfully berthing the Bigelow Expandable Activity Module (BEAM) to the International Space Station (ISS) - the first time an expandable habitat has ever attached to the ISS. BEAM, a two-year demonstration designed to test and validate expandable habitats, is focused on assessing the module launch and deployment techniques as well as overall thermal, structural, mechanical and atmospheric performance of an expandable module. Under contract with NASA, SNC manufactured and delivered the Passive Common Berthing Mechanism (PCBM) that was attached to BEAM before launch and then attached BEAM to the ISS on April 16, 2016.READ ARTICLE
AS9100 CertificationSpecial Aerospace Services - SAS Manufacturing News
SAS Manufacturing receives AS9100 Certification
ENGLEWOOD, Co (SAS Mfg - March 24, 2016) - Special Aerospace Services (SAS) is pleased to announce that it has achieved the accomplishment of certifying to the ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100 Rev C Standards for its Englewood, CO manufacturing facility.
AS9100 is the internationally recognized Quality Management System standard specific to the aerospace, aviation, and defense industries. This certification reflects SAS Manufacturing commitment to meeting and exceeding the increasingly stringent industry requirements for aerospace, aviation, and defense related products. AS9100 certification and our commitment assures our manufacturing processes consistently meet the expectations and requirements of customers' most challenging needs.
Throughout the year, SAS presents at technical conferences around the world and exhibits at trade shows in North America. And we periodically host our own special events in our hometown of Boulder, Colorado.
33rd Space Symposium
SAS will exhibit - April 3-6, 2017 (Colorado Springs, CO)
Please Visit Us at:
Boeing Exhibit Center Pavillion - Booth 1314
Opportunities at SAS
SAS is a dynamic and rapidly growing aerospace engineering company based in Boulder, Colorado. Our team is comprised of highly experienced engineers, space systems developers, and executives who share a commitment to ensuring our clients succeed in their air and space endeavors. We offer a vibrant work environment where personnel are empowered to take ownership of key projects and chart a course for career growth with us.
➢ Financial Analyst
Job Description:The Financial Analyst role is a detail-oriented position intended to provide critical financial and client data management, contract administration support, and government reporting and compliance to the overall operations of the company. The position reports directly to the CFO and requires frequent interaction with program managers, technical staff, and other company executives.
The Financial Analyst position requires an individual with broad background in database management, estimating, proposal pricing, financial analysis, and government contract administration and management. You will be responsible for the Unanet database, reviewing new business solicitations from the government or government prime contractors, preparing proposal responses including pricing and supporting financial data, government reporting and compliance, and managing and overseeing financial and contractual efforts after award.
Critical skills of a successful candidate include the ability to review and extract key terms and conditions from contracts; generate financial tables and reports using Excel; prepare customer invoices and generate contractually required status and financial reports; timely and accurate data entry; and work directly with both internal staff and customers to ensure contracts are administered and executed compliant with the terms set forth in all contractual documents.
Principal responsibilities include:• Adherence to company's transaction processing, accounting and recordkeeping systems
• Usage of both server and web-based software for generating and tracking contract data, and providing periodic reporting of contract financial status and alerts both to external customer and internal management
• Administration of Unanet web-based time and expense software used for tracking and reporting staff time, generating financial status reports, and preparing customer invoices
• Supporting other SAS staff with profitability analysis of contract budgets and variances from budgets
• Generating and formatting historical data to support the need for historical data used for proposal pricing or profitability projections
• Providing assistance with proposal support, completion of contracting templates
• Reading and understanding key contract terms and conditions and identifying and communicating associated business risks and opportunities
• Ensuring that pricing and proposal content is consistent with stated requirements and management direction, and helping resolve discontinuities
• Preparing bid responses based on directions from the management team
• Supporting the CFO by extracting and formatting information to be provided to external auditors as part of periodic audits by state or federal government agencies
The successful candidate will have a four year degree in business administration or economics with a focus in accounting and/or finance, or equivalent practical work experience, and 5-10 years of progressively responsible related experience.
Requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:• Proficient in the use of QuickBooks accounting software.
• Experience in administering Unanet time tracking, expense reporting, and invoicing modules desired, but not required.
• Intermediate to advanced Excel spreadsheet skills with demonstrable ability to construct financial models and reports using Excel
• Strong organizational skills required.
• Ability to read proposal solicitations and contract documents, extract key terms and conditions from those documents, and communicate the critical business and contractual implications to program managers and company executives.
• Ability to develop and apply pricing metrics to direct elements of cost and construct supporting data and data tables based on proposal specific instructions.
• Ability to write clear and succinct narrative in support of proposal solicitations.
• Ability to work with technical, financial and administrative staff in setting up, administering, and closing out contracts consistent with associated terms and conditions, including preparation of complex customer invoices, reports, and communications with customer.
• Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) desired, but not required.
• General knowledge of government contract content, structure, and formats and maintenance of contract records and files desired, but not required.
• Temperament to work collaboratively with SAS management, technical and business staff in reaching negotiated agreements with a broad cross-section of government and industry customers.
➢ Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC) Engineer
SAS seeks engineer with 3-7 years industry / postgraduate experience ready to join a fast paced hardware-driven environment in spacecraft attitude control systems analysis, test, design and/or development. The candidate will run detailed spacecraft simulations using in house simulations. Design spacecraft attitude and orbit determination and control loops using MATLAB. Design various Guidance, Navigation and control algorithms using various tools, including MATLAB and C/C++ compilers. Develop subsystem specifications, develop GNC Flight software, test GNC FSW. Develop and test operations scripts. Enhance or extend simulator capabilities. Document results and create presentation materials. Candidates must be a US Citizen.
Qualifications:• BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics
• MS is preferred with at least 1-3 years spacecraft attitude control design experience
• Experience designing and/or analyzing spacecraft Guidance Navigation and Control subsystems
• Experience in manufacturing, integration and/or test of aerospace systems or sub-systems in a classified environment
• Experience using MATLAB
• Experience with coding in C or C++
• Excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills
• Proactive personality with a strong commitment to mission success
Clearance:This position requires a Top Secret security clearance with a valid background investigation.
➢ Flight Software Engineer
Job Description:Software engineer with 5-10 years industry / postgraduate experience, motivated to learn and excel in an avionics software development environment, is needed for immediate support of national security spacecraft programs. Candidate will participate in software requirements analysis and specification, test planning from unit to system level, planning and performing software qualification tests and writing test reports as part of teams developing software for both on-orbit and in-development spacecraft programs. The candidate will be involved in the entire software development, test and operations lifecycle The ability to work in a team setting and effectively communicate among diverse engineering teams is essential. Candidates must be a US Citizen. To be considered for this position, candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
Qualifications:• BS degree - Engineering, Computer Science, Math
• Experience programming in C/C++
• Knowledge of realtime operating systems and comfortable writing and debugging software in an avionics integration and test environment
• Excellent writing and reading skills are desired
Clearance:This position requires a Top Secret security clearance with a valid background investigation.
For career opportunities and further inquiries, please contact: email@example.com